Archive | Community

Philippine Eagle Week 2010

Philippine Eagle Week 2010

The annual celebration of Philippine Eagle Week is just around the corner (not to mention Philippine Independence Day). As you may know, the Philippine Eagle Foundation is aggressively and positively pushing for the preservation of our national bird, which was once hailed by Charles Lindbergh as “the air’s noblest flier,” as well as its habitat. [...]

Read the full story

Community, Events   Comments Off

Globe recognizes the Dabawenyo

Globe recognizes the Dabawenyo

Last 24 October 2009, during the Philippine Blog Awards – Mindanao Edition in Cagayan de Oro City, the Dabawenyo was recognized as a Globe Digital Tribe Awardee for contributions to the Mindanao blogosphere. This award is an acknowledgment of the recipient’s commitment to, and leadership in, the development of the region’s blogosphere. I would like [...]

Read the full story

Community   1

Dabawenyos help out

Dabawenyos help out

Fellow Dabawenyos! Let’s all support the efforts of a group of Davao artists & musicians in their selfless move to help the victims of Typhoon Ondoy. This Sunday, 4 October 2009, there will be a free concert, “Tabang Dabaw”, to be held at TABOAN, Matina Town Square, from 6:00 PM. Some of the artists who will [...]

Read the full story

Community, Events   6

In Cagayan de Oro

In Cagayan de Oro

I arrived in Cagayan de Oro City last night, having traveled by car with Rodney Jao and Ray Rubio. Rodney has a speaking engagement for Microsoft at this software giant’s roadshow on mobile applications development. Ray and I just came along for the ride (literally). After checking in at a hotel near the Limketkai Mall, [...]

Read the full story

Community, Out-of-Town   9

Post-MBS1 expectations

Post-MBS1 expectations

The 1st Mindanao Bloggers Summit was satisfyingly successful. We could’ve gotten more participants from more areas of Mindanao, but for a first-time effort for a unique event, I was happy with the turnout. The important thing is, my colleagues and I have gotten the ball rolling. I’m counting on the viral nature of blogs: each [...]

Read the full story

Community   2

Talecraft

Talecraft

All of us have something that we’re proud of in our families. Mine is the creative blood that courses through our veins. Our clan is populated with artistic people, from painters to writers. An aunt is adept at the canvass, and has done exhibits in New York and the Hague. While she modestly disavows being [...]

Read the full story

Community, Personalities   10

The road less traveled

Somehow I haven’t witnessed any expressions of gratitude or jubilation after the installation of new traffic lights all over the city. Some say that’s because of the traffic accidents that have happened ever since. And this, in turn, is apparently due to Davaoeños’ not being used to so many traffic lights.

Read the full story

Community, Society   3

Blogging awards

Just found out — nominations for the best Pinoy blogs are open at The 2007 Philippine Blog Awards!!! You can nominate your own blog, or anyone else’s whose blog you think deserves to win. The Award site lists 12 categories: Best Technology Blog Best Travel Blog Best Entertainment Blog Best Personal Blog Best Home & [...]

Read the full story

Community   Comments Off

I’m on a roll!

I’m on a roll!

Janette T. remarked to me recently that I was ‘on a roll.’ It was about this blog frenzy of mine — since I came back to blogging last month, I’ve churned out more than 30 posts in all! Well, my writer’s block just vanished all of a sudden, is why. And so I’ve rediscovered blogging. [...]

Read the full story

Community, Events   Comments Off

New blog: Word God Spells

New blog: Word God Spells

My father, Eduardo "Momong" Robillo, published in the year 2005 a two-volume book that carried his daily Gospel reflections. While he has not published for the succeeding year, Pop has been actively e-mailing his reflections, and texting his quatraines to his friends, colleagues and family, everyday. For 2007, I’ve taken it upon myself to publish [...]

Read the full story

Community, Internet   Comments Off

Page 2 of 3123

Upcoming in & around Davao

No events to display at the moment.