Lemlunay – paradise in Sarangani

I’ve found paradise!

Nestled atop a precipice overlooking Sarangani Bay in Maasim, Sarangani Province, is an alluring place called Lemlunay, which, in the B’laan and T’Boli tongues, roughly means “the good place one goes to in the afterlife”. The Lemlunay Dive Resort is a countryside getaway that will take your breath away, with its rustic ambience, relaxing surroundings, lovingly-prepared cuisine, personalized service… all encompassed by an expansive sea of unspoilt blue.

Sarangani Bay

It is a paradise for nature lovers, but most especially for scuba-diving enthusiasts. The resort itself is still being developed — with only a few guest rooms available at the moment — but the diving facilities they have in place are at par with the ones I’ve seen in high-end resorts. I’m not really a scuba diver, but after an exhilarating intro dive I did there (with Chattee, Leonard et al), I just might become one soon!

A short distance from the cliff’s side, the bottom of the sea drops dramatically to about 30 feet, then a coral wall presents itself with marine life all a-bustle. The variegated colors on the fish and on the coral is a delight against the backdrop of soft-hued sand and dark-toned rock that dot the seascape. I wanted so much to go deeper and check out the coral wall, but I couldn’t because I’m not yet certified. It was too bad none of us thought of bringing an underwater camera. I’ve actually gone diving twice before already, but before the dive at Lemlunay, I had never seen so many kinds of tropical fish in their natural habitat.

Steamed Pompano

Our group of intrepid bloggers (6 from Davao and 2 from GenSan) were hosted by Sarangani Vice-Governor Steve Solon and his wife Michelle to a sumptuous lunch at Lemlunay, whose amiable queen of the kitchen served each a delectable plate of roasted chicken and grilled gindara peppered with heavenly golden garlic. Oh and there was also steamed pompano (also called dolphin fish and mahi-mahi), served in a rich brown sauce with olives and garnished with tomatoes and spices.

The owner of Lemlunay Dive Resort, Paul Partridge, who is also the head dive instructor, gave us a very colorful interview. He told us about how he built the resort in 2005, and his plans for expansion, which will become reality starting this year. He plans to add more cottages, a recreation room, meeting facilities, and a swimming pool. There is also a separate area that will be completed soon, and this will be for day-trippers. For people who want to get away from the city and learn scuba, Lemlunay could be the perfect destination: learn how to dive from the classroom to the pool to the open sea, all in one place. And be pampered with good food while you’re at it!

South Point Divers

The diving operation is a separate entity, and is known as South Point Divers. Judging by the way the dive master and the staff handled our group — and to think they had other guests who were also going to dive — I am confident that they will be able to satisfy any seasoned scuba diver’s needs and whims. And I shouldn’t fail to mention, the more exciting dive spots are reportedly full of marine wonders. Michelle (who is a blogger herself) was telling us that there live a growing school of a rare species of wrasse in the waters of Sarangani Bay, which has in fact been declared a marine sanctuary. Head on over to South Point Divers’ online photo gallery to view spectacular underwater shots.

Dive Briefing Angel, Blogie, Leonard Diving at Lemlunay

I’d like to thank Michelle and Vice-Governor Steve for giving us a grand time at Lemlunay, the paradise of Sarangani Bay. And to Paul and Joel, the dive master, for making it possible for us to have a wonderful time underwater! Most especially, in behalf of the bloggers of Davao, General Santos City’s lead blogger, Avel Manansala, deserves our gratitude and admiration for organizing that elating weekend in General Santos and Sarangani Province.

Bloggers @ Lemlunay Dive Resort

For your GPS locators, here are Lemlunay Dive Resort’s coordinates: 5° 52′ 24.00″ N, 125° 05′ 13.00″ E. From General Santos, Maasim is about half an hour’s drive. You can contact the resort via mobile phone: +63(920)914-9259.

39 Responses to “Lemlunay – paradise in Sarangani”

1. Lyle says:

Paradise, indeed. My entire Lemlunay experience is surreal.. I can’t believe I swam with Nemo and his friends!

I’m looking forward to visiting Sarangani again next month.

By the way, loved your blog post. big grin

2. bariles says:

Wow! Nice! Win ito sa SEO contest natin. You write so beautifully Blogie that nothing’s left for us to describe anymore.

Kaya lang, where’s my link? Pang-Consuelo de bobo ba.

Hehehe!

3. Michelle says:

Blogie, well written article. Cant wait to read what you will be blogging next!

4. Leonard Pe says:

ano pa isusulat namin :( hehe
    napaka lemlunay a.k.a paradise naman ng write up.

very well written.. love it. you captured the essence of the place.

now i think i’m addicted to the waters of sarangani bay

5. donna says:

very nice post sir!!! just dropping by…

6. Partridge says:

Thank you very much for the kind words. I just wish I had more time to spend with you guys. It was quite a hectic day.

Please remember that if we did something right, please tell others. If we did something wrong, please tell me.

@Leonard – Balik tayo soon!!

@donna – Thanks very much for reading my blog. :)

@Partridge – Looking forward to going back to Lemlunay! And yeah, all the good things about the place is now racing through cyberspace through our blogs and social network sites. wink

8. Brendel says:

Awesome post! Nahirapan tuloy ako dun sa Lemlunay post ko. :)

9. Micamyx says:

Wow! I want to go there soon! :)

@Brendel – Ganda nga ng post mo eh!

@Micamyx – It’s certainly worth the trip! Woot!

11. jayvee f. says:

very nice. may i inquire?

how much is a weekend diving package and how many dives? is there shore entry? is it unlimited? :) buffet?

• Blogie says:

Hey Jayvee! I’ve emailed the owner about your inquiry. From what I can remember, however, the diving package is ₱550 per person plus ₱50 sanctuary fee. I believe this is already inclusive of the boat.

I hope that Paul Partridge will send us the answers to your inquiry soon.

12. Partridge says:

Jayvee:

Hi. Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you send me an email at south_point_divers@yahoo.com

or visit our website http://www.southpointdivers.ph

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Paul

13. MiGs says:

WHOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ang ganda naman dyan!!!!

Kailangan kong mapuntahan yan!

14. pilates26 says:

Hi Blogs
    Nice to see na nagdive ka hehehehhe…buti naman di ka na spinning around..miss ya..hope to see u all soon

• Blogie says:

Ian!!! Miss you too! ciao

That was actually my 3rd or 4th dive na. Never really had a problem with diving and Meniere’s — the problem was with equalizing. This time, it was totally OK! I can’t wait for the next opportunity to dive nga eh! Sana this end of May during the Sarangani Bay festival, we’ll get to dive again. good luck!

15. iceman9 says:

wow what an exhilarating experience! it’a a heck of a fun!

16. Hmn, sa pictures pa lang paradise na ang dating… I must visit that place…(sana may budget)Thanks for writing about Lemlunay Dive Resort.Happy blogging! :)

17. jen says:

Lemlunay is verry nice……but very expensive, staff and the operating manager are not accomodating…we waited for two hours for our orders……

• blogie says:

I'm sorry to hear that, Jen. There's no good reason for that kind of service at all. I hope, though, that it won't happen again at Lemlunay.

18. xnecro says:

we use to own this place.. too bad my grandpa was sick at that time and we badly need the money .. i was too young then..

19. wowie says:

ive neber been in LEMLUNAY, but i think its a beautiful place….i want to go there….whuhuhuhuhuhu

20. jennie says:

how much is their entrance fee?

21. ramue says:

how much is the entrance fee???????????????

22. bien lopez daos says:

if ur schedule allows u free… pls take a little time to listen on this song of mine for: congressma Pacquiao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFDe1ZlbJM. salamat po!

23. francis labadan says:

mgkano entrance fee? aside from diving. anu p mga pwede gawin dyan? n

24. irene says:

Hi, do they accomodate wedding ceremonies? do they have yacht?

• Hi Irene, n nIt is a destination wedding venue as well. They don't own a yacht but they have this big white pump boat and yes, you can have the groom or bride ride in that… n nI am not sure if there are yacht rentals… but it would be great to have a wedding in Lemlunay… nbig grin

25. Irene says:

please post lot of photos of that paradise to convince more tourist! tnx…..

26. aininkris says:

been to lemlunay the other day…they don't collect entrance fee but they have a restaurant that offers sumptuous and affordable meal. and their pool is so tempting as well as the sea… ang sarap hanapin si nemo dun…

27. JoMi says:

The Pampano fish looks very yummy! Our streets here in Dagat-dagatan, Malabon are all named after the FISH names. Pampano is the street where I live now. I hope you posted more photos! Tnx for sharing! ROCK ON! =)

• Blogie says:

Hi JoMi, I posted a link to more photos of Lemlunay as a reply to one of the comments above. Thanks for reading my blog!

28. honey says:

i’d like to visit there. pero cguro an overnight stay will do… how much po kylangan kong minimal budget if i will bring my husband with me????

the place looks nice… and looks expensive… hehehe..

thanks!

• Blogie says:

Hello Honey, thanks for visiting my blog!

The best way to find out is to get in touch with the resort. You can call or SMS them via +63(920)914-9259.