Abreeza — Davao’s own Greenbelt

PRESS RELEASE

The much-awaited Ayala Land, Inc. (ALI) and Anflocor project took a significant stride with a groundbreaking ceremony held on site last 23 September 2008 for their joint venture dubbed as Abreeza.

Abreeza groundbreaking The ceremony was attended by ALI & Anflocor executives and guests, who witnessed Anflocor Chairman of the Board Antonio O. Floirendo Sr., Ayala Corp. Chairman of the Board Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala II, Ayala Land Chairman of the Board Fernando Zobel de Ayala, Ayala Land President Jaime I. Ayala, Ayala Malls and Ayala Businesscapes Group Head Ma. Victoria E. Añonuevo, Head of Ayala Land Vis-Min Emilio J. Tumbocon, Anflocor Vice Chairman Antonio R. Floirendo Jr., Anflocor President Alexander Valoria, Anflocor Senior Vice President Ricardo R. Floirendo, Anflocor Directors Ma. Cristina R. Brias and Vicente R. Floirendo, with Davao City Administrator Wendell Avisado, break the ground at the Abreeza site along J. P. Laurel Avenue to formally signal the start of building work for the joint venture.

Abreeza groundbreaking Abreeza is the first major entry project of Ayala Land, Inc. in Davao City. When completed, Abreeza is envisioned to be an integrated mixed-used development that will innovate the city’s urban landscape. It will include a three-storey shopping mall, two Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) buildings and, in the future, a hotel and residential and commercial lots. The first BPO building will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2009 while the first phase of the mall will open in the fourth quarter of 2010.

* * * * *

Abreeza is not the Ayalas’ first development in Davao City, however. We mustn’t forget that the venerable Insular Hotel (now owned and operated by the Waterfront chain) was built by the Ayala family. The high-end Insular villages were also theirs, as well as the Insular Life and BPI buildings.

During the press conference on the same day, this time held at the Pearl Farm Marina, ALI President Jim Ayala, Anflocor Senior VP Ricky Floirendo and the other executives of these two corporations related how Abreeza will become a business-cum-leisure center that Dabawenyos will be proud of. If we are to base our expectations on Makati’s Greenbelt, Abreeza is certainly something to look forward to — in two short years!

The representatives who were at the presscon were the decision-makers of the joint venture, and so the media — as well as the bloggers — were able to glean juicier details than what was printed on the press releases. For example, Jim Ayala revealed that the total project cost up to 2011 will be Php 4 to 5 billion (but the question regarding ROI was predictably left unanswered).

Also, and this is something that I’m sure we will all appreciate, Abreeza will reportedly have around 20% of the 10-hectare property dedicated to open spaces. Think of those beautiful gardens and parks that dot the five Greenbelts in Makati.

Davao City has long been identified as a favorable investment destination for BPO companies, as well as a viable source of skilled manpower. Thus, Abreeza’s first finished product will be the 10,000-sqm building reserved for BPO and IT firms. The executives said that there have already been inquiries from such operators who have existing deployments in other ALI properties.

Prompted by questions from the press and from yours truly, the executives of ALI and Anflocor also talked about their dealings with the city government. Jim Ayala, who reiterated his company’s confidence in the city’s peace & order stability, also discussed plans to address the flooding situation along J. P. Laurel Avenue, as well as other plans to ensure the success of Abreeza’s development.

The entry of Ayala Land, in partnership with Anflocor, is a gleaming beacon of investor confidence in Davao City. Progress is inexorably in our midst.

The name Abreeza was coined from "breeze" and the Italian word for embrace, "abbraccio".

54 Responses to “Abreeza — Davao’s own Greenbelt”

1. jeffrec baes says:

any vacant positions for electrical engineer?

@jeffrec baes — Thanks for reading my blog. But, I’m not into HR placement. :)

• adi says:

hi im a businessman. I was hoping if you would know how i can register and put up a store of mine in abreeza. I need to know where I can contact persons that would help me rent a space in abreeza..

3. ruel says:

when start
    job employment
    i wish to apply
    thanks………

4. ruel says:

i wish to apply as a
    electrician in
    on going contruction
    Im intrerested
    how to apply
    sir and mam

@ruel — I have no idea about Abreeza’s employment requirements. I suggest you try to contact Damosa Land.

6. JedMeister says:

can’t wait for the opening of Ayala Abreeza! :)

7. Liza R. Orongan says:

Good day! I am happy for your incoming business spot and shopping center for construction here in davao. In this connection, I would like to be part of the development, I wish to apply in your good company but I dont have idea where to apply. I am license Civil Engineer since 1994. I am well exposed civil engineering works both field works and construction documents. Hope to reply me in my email address for employment information. Waiting and hope. God bless!

@JedMeister — Medyo matagal-tagal pa… but I know how you feel, man!

9. Ryan says:

good day po.. hmm san po yan damosa land? hmm saan maka inquire ng mga job hiring pra sa ECE/Com.Eng/IT pra sa e tatayo na Callcenter.. sana maka apply ako dyan.. any idea sir??

@Ryan — The Damosa Land office is in the Damosa Complex, Mamay Rd., Lanang. You can ask around at Market Basket. Good luck!

11. maia says:

Good Day!

May I ask if the Abreeza Company has its own website for us interested individuals to log onto it? Perhaps we could do online job applications..and the like.. Thanks!

12. blogie says:

As far as I know, Abreeza doesn't have its own website yet. Also, it's not “Abreeza Company” — the name is for the land development; the company is Ayala Land, in partnership with Damosa Land.

Maybe you could get in touch with them via http://www.ayalaland.com.ph

13. hannah says:

for those who are looking for jobs in ayalaland try careersatayalalandcompanies.com

14. blogie says:

Thanks for the link, Hannah!

15. noven isugan says:

i want to work in the newest ayala mall of davao…. im looking forward to work in Abreeza .. Im noven graduate of BSSW @ University Of Mindanao

16. ma victoria manzano says:

hiring for customer service reps?

17. cha languido says:

hello,
    ask k lng po kng alam nyo saan magpapasa ng resume, bka alam nyo po :)

18. cha languido says:

ai sori :)
    nbasa k na ang msg ni hannah, l8 k nbasa.hehehehe..i’ll check the website. tnx hannah

19. samantha says:

just wanna ask lng some new pics of ayala Davao, tnx

20. Ayala Center NDA says:

Im looking forward to work with the newest commercial center in Davao..ABREEZA..if God permits..

21. girle says:

saan pwede magpadala ng letter of intent

• Levi says:

ATTN: TO ALL INTERESTED FOR THE ABREEZA CONDO, WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING LETTER OF INTENT. nABREEZA CONDO IS SOON TO RISE ALONG WITH THE ABREEZA AYALA MALL IN BAJADA, DAVAO CITY. IT IS TOWERING IN 33 STOREY, FULLPACKED WITH STATE OF THE ART AMENITIES. FOR MORE DETAILS AND FOR THE LOI FORMAT, PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING PERSON: nMr. Levi Tecson nSales Associate for Abreeza Condo-Davao City n0912-278-3330 (Smart) n0923-478-6111 (Sun Cellular) nThank you.

22. time says:

may i know where to apply for vacant positions for thids new ayala mall in davao city?

23. @bing0873 says:

i am interested about the condo… where can i inquire?

24. Mirasol M. Taghoy says:

I want to be a part of the abreeza marketing team that will soon rise here in Davao. I would like to know where? can I submit my application letter and my resume?

25. shyne says:

asa pwede mag inquire to rent a space at abreeza??any contact #??

26. JEAN-PAUL says:

MAY I KNOW IF THERE ARE JOBS HIRING IN AYALA MALL IN DAVAO , I'M FINDING STOREKEEPER , SALESMAN OR MERCHANDISER. PARTICULARLY IN GUESS JEANS , GUESS JEANS IN AYALA DAVAO

27. JAY-P says:

PLS. PLS. REPLIES

28. @mahalcu says:

aiea abarca

paano buh mg apply sa ayala mall davao ???

29. Marjuren Pastolero says:

i just wanna ask, if there's a vacant job especially to those students who wants to work and apply?

30. Jayson says:

i would like to ask if what is the cost of renting a space inside the abreeza-ayala mall in Davao… i wish to build a franchise there..tnx for the reply!

31. erica larga says:

nag collapse na ang abreeza, d pa natapos bumagsak na. Sayang.

32. Dean says:

Hehe, nag kinuripot na pod ang contractor.. Most often, para mas makatipid pa jud.. gina risk sa contractor ang safety sa iyang mga tao. Unta, gina check ni always sa implementing agency. Naa dapat saftey standards na ipasubay..

33. tolendoy says:

i'm sure ayala is very busy with damage control. who would like to rent a space that would endanger people's lives. sayang. i have foreseen a mass exodus of mall space lessees into that place. now 'POP' it's all gone. dapat bitaying yung contractor at engineer

34. James Michael says:

I want to apply also… But I dont know where to go…

35. erwin says:

where can i pass my CV for my application in ayala mall in dava city?

36. mailene mangitngit says:

when will be ur hiring as a sales rep.?tnx

37. rhea says:

I would like to apply any vacant position that fits my qualification.Thank you and more power!

38. jay says:

gud oppurtunity there

39. marv says:

PLSSS POST HERE IIF THERE IS ANOTHER JOB FAIR HERE AYALA DAVAO…… HINDI KO KC ALAM SANA MAY PANGALAWA PANG JOBFAIR FOR SECOND BATCH… HAHAH THANKS

40. marv says:

I WISH TO APPLY AT AYALA WERE DO I FIND THE AGENCY….. PLLSSS REPLY A SOON AS POSSIBLE IM VERY TALENTED…

41. Extremely interesting blog post. Your post is extremely interesting. I liked this post. This blog post is good! I have to say that after continually reading poor as in, same old information, little quality content, etc. article posts on other sites, it’s enjoyable to actually read something that has some thought put into it. It’s a pleasure to read well written blog posts, especially after continually seeing rehashed crap that writers and bloggers are throwing out nowadays. It’s always nice when I come across content that actually has value, I’ve been seeing a ton of subpar writing attempts lately. Anyhow, thanks again and I’ll check back frequently to see what else you have to offer. I’ll check back in the future to see what else you have up your sleeve. Keep up the terrific work! BTW, I like your site design, but your header image was only loading half way for me. P.S. Your header is messed up a bit in IE. The problem could be on my end but I thought you might want to look into that.

42. Chy Dela Cerna says:

any available position that fit to my qualifications? a BSED graduate from the Holy Cross of davao College. And wish to be a part of your company. please contact me via email chy_delacerna@yahoo.com…enx

43. jonathan says:

blogs san kaya mag apply for space rental sa abreeza mall? thanks.

• Blogie says:

Why don't you try contacting Damosa Land? I've heard of some people already talking about opening shop in Abreeza, so I'm sure the people at Damosa Land would know about that.

44. Rolly Bert V. Aduana says:

gud day mam/sir ask ko lng po f meron b kayong vacant na position being a part of your hotel and shopping center?kahit n salesman o waiter lng man.tnx more power and Godbless . . .

45. Levi says:

46. Michelle Sampulna says:

Hi. Where can I possibly submit my resume? I am am a graduate of BS-Psychology. Thanks

47. Rex C. Songcayauon says:

i wish to apply as electician i have NCII on building wiring installation from tesda.tnx