Manado flights from Davao

One of Davao’s most personable travel agents is a very close friend of mine, Alex Divinagracia of Pacific Royal Wings. I used to be in the travel industry a lo-o-ong time ago, before I discovered the Internet and ultimately the then-fledgling IT industry of Davao. Anyway, Alex had just come back from Manado, Indonesia, and he was telling me about his trip. They were hosted by Sriwijaya Air, the newest foreign airline to fly in and out of Davao. Read about that familiarization tour at Sun*Star Davao.

This is good for Davao. The very first time that we had Davao-Manado flights was back in the 90s, and it was serviced by Bouraq Air. After that, it was Merpati. Well, at least they’re trying to keep the air route alive!

The article in Sun*Star says that the flights are Mondays & Thursdays, but Alex tells me that it’s Mondays & Fridays. Better check for sure if you plan on going to that scuba diving destination. According to my friend, Manado is a very affordable travel destination, but a little dry when it comes to partying. But for scuba and other water sports, I hear that it’s a wonderful alternative to, say, Boracay (which might even come out more expensive!).

And great news! Since Manado (North Sulawesi) is part of the Brunei-Indonesia-Malaysia-Philippines East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA for super short), travelers from Davao to Manado won’t have to pay the P1,620 travel tax. Alex says that you’ll only have to pay for a P200 processing fee for the the tax exemption certificate, which you can get at the Philippine Tourism Authority desk right in our airport. Roundtrip airfare via Sriwijaya is around US$225. The contact details of the main agent in Davao are listed in that newspaper article.

Speaking of travel, it’s almost summer!!

10 Responses to “Manado flights from Davao”

1. karina says:

hi blogie,

i have tried sending my blog to the Davao directory, it always makes an error esp. on the site where the link could be found. It doesn’t recognize the link i entered.

anyway, thanks for dropping by there. enjoy reading!

hi karina!

pls try to re-submit your blog to the directory (http://dir.davaoblogs.com). i tweaked something, maybe it’ll work now. if not, leave another comment here and i’ll add your blog myself (and pls don’t forget to include w/c category you’d like me to put your blog in).

3. CABARRETTO says:

I am a travel agent and have passengers who wish to fly DAVAO/MANADO/DAVAO. where can i buy tickets for these sectors?

4. Rey says:

To all visitor
    Best Buy plane tickets in Manado North Sulawesi Indonesia.
    There are many tourist use this services: to find your plane tickets here below the address:
    Golden Tours & Travel
    Main Office : Departure Hall 1st floor. Sam Ratulangi International Airport. Manado, North Sulawesi. Indonesia
    Phone : +62 431 817940 / 3375338
    Fax : +62 431 817940
    E-Mail : golden@manadogoldentours.com

For your trip & travel plane, tours Sulawes, hotels, info flights, and dive operator here in area you can look more at:

Regards,

Rey

5. Rey says:

To all visitor
    Best Buy plane tickets in Manado North Sulawesi Indonesia.
    Golden Tours & Travel
    Phone : +62 431 817940 / 3375338
    Fax : +62 431 817940
    E-Mail : golden@manadogoldentours.com

For your trip & travel plane, tours Sulawesi, hotels, info flights, and dive operator here in area you can look more at:

Regards,

Rey

6. I love stumbleupon for being able to show me this site. immediate fan now. I have viewed some really poor web sites on stumble and when I discovered this, I immediately knew it had been good! This article is entertaining especially for someone like me haha. I’ve been attempting to read a lot more these days and being able to discover a site like this is good for my education. Love what you are doing, looking forward to reading more!

7. For all of the destinations left on the list, take a look at what is likely to be on offer when you are visiting. There is no point heading out to a particular location to see Whale Sharks, for example, if they have been and gone. What you need to decide is which of the pleasures on offer do you want to experience?

8. Mike says:

I am planning to go to Manado this October 1st (2011)… is this route is still available? How can I book for the flight going to Manado (Indonesia)?

I’ve been desperately looking for a direct or easiest/cheapest flight going to Manado that will not stop in Jakarta… someone told me that long time ago the flight was from Cagayan De Oro going to Manado. If this flight from Davao to Manado is available then that would be cool…

9. Mike says:

oh, sorry to hear that… Thanks still…